As part of our ever-changing website, we decided it was time once again to pay tribute to our DWTS Troupe. Each member of the Troupe brings something special to DWTS, and we are going to talk about all of them at some point during this off-season. Enjoy today’s featured Troupe member – the amazing Sasha Farber.
It’s time, ABC. It’s time for Sasha Farber to move up to permanent pro status and show us his talents with a celebrity partner. He’s already paid his dues on DWTS. He has experience on DWTS Australia. He has a wealth of entertainment and choreographic experience, and he’s a very fan-friendly pro. We can think of a hundred reasons why Sasha should be a pro, but we’ll give you our top 10 (plus one).
1. The man can dance. Not only can he dance, but he is unique in many ways – ways that are truly memorable. For example, he is very, very fast. We’re not talking just quick; we’re talking lightning fast feet that move with razor sharp precision. Have you seen him do the Jive? Let’s just say that he moves so fast his feet are a blur – so fast that he has to have been mechanically engineered to keep the pace he does. Forgive the bad southern terminology (which we use all the time because we’re both from the south) but Sasha on the dance floor is faster than a june bug on a hot tin roof. The point here is that a celebrity would benefit greatly from that kind of talent. Let’s face it. Not everybody has his gift.
2. He knows how to work it. He is a crowd favorite. He knows the ladies like a bit of a tease so he shows off his finely sculpted chest. He shamelessly flirts (we still remember him scampering off stage in Floor Play after he flirted with all the ladies on the dance floor), he plays the good boy/bad boy to perfection, and he has so much energy that we become exhausted watching him. That’s a good thing. Any celebrity would learn how to be a true entertainer by watching Sasha Farber, and isn't that what Dancing With the Stars is all about?
3. He steals the show. Yep. In a continuation of #2 on this list, he reads the crowd better than anybody. He has mastered the proper expression for a serious and dramatic Paso Doble, and he raises the bar to new levels with the Jive. And talk about fun and flirty? Sasha and the Cha Cha are a match made in dance heaven. He also knows how to leave the audience wanting more.
4. He’s a bit of a devil (continued in #5). Tristan called it when we asked him who is the biggest prankster on DWTS. His response? "Farbs." (Just to be clear, Tristan is probably a close second). We can only imagine what kind of tricks Sasha has played on everybody, but we bet there is enough material that we could script a sitcom or reality show. Just think…”Coming to ABC this fall, Life with Farbs." We would watch it. Anyway, bring Farbs to ABC's Dancing With the Stars too, but this time as a pro who gets the opportunity to train another person to be a dancer. And a prankster. She would learn from the master.
5. He’s a devil who is devilishly handsome. Let’s just say that Emma Slater is a lucky lady.
7. He makes backflips in the ballroom work. Normally, we don’t care for the inclusion of gymnastics in dance, nor do we generally enjoy flips, acrobatics and tumbling, however, we are practically salivating at the prospect of a Sasha Farber freestyle in a future DWTS finale (soon, please). He knows the time and place to throw in a backflip, and it enhances the dance instead of taking away from it. Oh, one other thing? We think he probably has a trampoline in his feet because there is no way one human could stay airborne that long. His middle name is F-U-N, and any celebrity would have a blast working with him whether she could do a backflip or not.
8. He’s a wonderful teacher. Case in point. Check out his involvement in the Trio Dances and the Side-By-Side Challenge. He was there not only because he’s a crazy good dancer, but it’s also because he is a fabulous teacher as well. He did great work with Roshon and worked alongside Apolo to make sure Apolo mirrored his steps. He was brilliant in the Side-By Side Challenges and was not only very positive and encouraging but hugely supportive as he worked with D.L. and Andy. So, Sasha, would you please teach us to dance? We’ve tried, and trust us, it’s not pretty. We need your help, STAT.
9. He’s due. He’s dedicated, devoted, and constantly works to improve his craft. No two dances are the same, his choreography improves with each dance, and he is constantly changing so that nothing becomes stale, ordinary, or predictable. Isn’t that exactly how it should be?
10. He is a fan favorite for a reason; he’s generous with his time, polite to a fault, and cute as the dickens. Make Sasha a pro, ABC. Please. We can’t imagine a more perfect world than a season with Tristan MacManus and Sasha Farber as two of your cast of pros.
11. We couldn’t stop at ten reasonsbecause there is one more thing from Season 16 that is worth mentioning and that just might be one of the most memorable moments ever on DWTS. He won our hearts forever with his work with Kristi Yamaguchi.
So Sasha, we hope you’re at the top of ABC’s list to finally have a celebrity partner. It’s long overdue.