Season 14 was magical for Tristan's supporters for many reasons, but we decided to narrow it down to just 14. Here you go!
14. The Empress of Soul is also the Queen of the Cha Cha.
13. The Design a Dance Samba proved to be a religious experience for many.
12. For some strange reason, Mark and Tristan handcuffed together proved to be really sexy. We’re not sure why.
11. Any Cha Cha involving handcuffs should probably also involve having an extra key.
10. Tongue-measuring contests are pretty funny – especially when Gladys Knight is doing the measuring.
9. Tristan probably could moonlight as a fashion designer because he came up with some great looks for Gladys – the purple for Rumba, red for Cha Cha, pink for Foxtrot, gorgeous blues for Quickstep, sassy teal for Samba, rocker black for Tango. Not a feather excess or explosion of sequins in sight.
8. Dancing across a virtual piano is way more fun and much easier than trying to dance across a real one.
7. Gladys Knight can do a wicked jive and if you have to go out, you might as well go out by dancing to “Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen.
6. Nerdy glasses and grape/lavender/whatever color of purple and used car salesman white shoes look great on Irish ballroom dancers.
5. Other pros should be so lucky (and brave) as to choose Bohemian Rhapsody for the Tango.
4. Any dance by Tristan and Karina needs to be longer than 45 seconds.
3. The biggest smiles, the best attitude, and the most frequent flier miles accrued awards go to Tristan and Gladys.
2. We wish we could move half as well and with half as much energy as Gladys. Oh yeah, we wish we could sing like her too.
1. We really, really, really like watching Tristan MacManus Samba.