For those of you who have been on this site for a while, you know all about our legendary 'dungeon' or the place where site members get sent when misbehaving. We've all been there many, many times, and the administrators spend more time there than anybody because they (we) like to cause a wee bit of trouble. We decided that in order to be comfortable in our dungeon, you need some special supplies. Here is our list of recommended items.
1. Beer - Because beer tastes kind of icky but is probably better than tequila shots and looks cool when you drink it out of frosted mugs. You can look classy sipping it when you take breaks from practicing your "I'll pretend that I'm on the dance floor in NYC" Samba.
Also it’s okay to be tacky on occasion and dye the beer green on St. Patrick’s Day, which is one of those things we do a lot of here in the U.S.
2. Chocolate - Because chocolate is just necessary - dark chocolate, Godiva chocolate, white chocolate, milk chocolate, hot chocolate...all of those. We read somewhere that chocolate makes you live longer, and we figure we'll live to be 300 years old based on how much chocolate we eat (and sometimes drink- see below).
3. A fake mirror ball trophy - as in one of those 1970s disco balls like those of us who are 70s relics recall, or if you’re not a 70s relic, it looks like that thing the winners of Dancing With the Stars carry around and show off to the world. If you have one, you could use it for, oh, any number of things (whether in or out of the dungeon) like:
*Put a bunch of them on the dungeon fireplace mantle and add dozens of blinking multicolored LED tea lights around them to give it 'pop'.
*Attach it to your Carmen Miranda hat in lieu of fruit. That will add to the video possibilities within the dungeon.
*Secure it to the top of your minivan so it draws the attention of all the hot guys in the carpool lane (during non-dungeon occupation of course)
*Use it as a hood ornament. Nothing says classy Lexus (or 10 year old PT Cruiser) like a cheap mirror ball attached to it.
4. Caffeine is ecstasy and thus, necessary – no doubt about it. But we’re not talking your typical French roast with one artificial sweetener and a little skim milk. Oh no. We want to impress so we plan to have our own Starbucks-style facility where we can make good beverages and say cool things like:
“A grande green tea latte with extra whip” or
“Gimme a venti skinny caramel macchiato with an extra shot and extra foam” or
“A nonfat white peppermint mocha with whipped cream” because it sounds better and saves 12 calories when you use nonfat milk with all that whipped cream or
“A tall skinny chai and make sure you really use nonfat because I will know the difference”
And to mix it up…
“A MacManus, please" (or a tall triple shot espresso that packs a mean wallop)
Yeah, stuff like that.
5. Sensible shoes - This is obvious because there are any number of klutzes on MML, starting with us (SWAT and Shakes). Ripley’s no bargain either. You should hear about the time she had a ladder and was trying to do some home maintenance. It ended badly. Anyway, the point is that we can’t walk from point A to point B without tripping or running into a door so sensible shoes are a must – particularly when we are practicing the Salsa or the Jitterbug. (We would have included Teal Ribbon in this section but we’ve been picking on her a lot lately, and we don’t want to hurt her feelings. Besides, she couldn’t possibly be as much of a klutz as any of us).
6. Some platform shoes, your best museum quality mini-skirt, and a hip replacement because bring on The Bump ladies. It’s disco time!
7. A Bar - Yes, not to get too nostalgic for the 1980s and for Cheers, but this really is a place where "Everybody knows your name"...errr or maybe it should be called "Where Everybody Knows Your Alias" or "Where Everybody Knows Your Avatar"...whatever. The point is that we have installed a bar in the MML Dungeon and therefore it serves its purpose or two and is a real must have. Instead of Cheers, we’re gonna call it “Slàinte” but we decided we aren’t that classy. We’re callin’ it “The Bar.”
~ Interested in trying some of that green beer we were talking about earlier? How about a chocolate martini? SWAT is attending bartending school as we speak so she can serve up the best cocktails and spirits that any of our MacManiacs can think of. Here we specialize in anything that is chocolate, involves Bailey's Irish Creme, or is potentially Jameson Whiskey based, although there is some flexibility there. Also be on the lookout for the newest additions to the cocktail menu such as the Tristan inspired Tequila Sunrise (nothing like mixing Irish whiskey and tequila to make your evening interesting) or a few others we found online when doing our extensive research:
Check out this plethora of deliciousness.
Irish Hot Chocolate – This is a popular choice among dungeon-dwellers – Pour some Bailey’s in a huge mug, add some dark chocolate hot chocolate, and top it with a huge mound of whipped cream and add our own touch, some shaved Godivas on top for more chocolateishiness. Yep, we made that word up. We do that a lot around here.
Irish French Kiss - This is our naughty beverage but so what? It’s also made with Bailey’s. It contains equal parts Cointreau and Grand Marnier with twice as much Baileys. Just shake it all up and garnish with orange slices. Maybe skip the orange slices if that's too much for your system to handle.
Frozen Leprechaun. Shots of Bailey’s, Kahlua, peppermint schnapps and milk, blend it all with ice and then top it off with a sprig of mint.
Don't forget the Bailey's Chocolatini with Baileys, raspberries, vodka and chocolate liqueur, or perhaps the Guiness Milkshake with vanilla ice cream, Guiness, chocolate drizzle, and chocolate shavings. Another option could be the Original Irish Cream with vanilla, heavy cream, Irish whiskey, coffee granules, almond extract and a bit of sweetened condensed milk.
See? We've got it covered.
Did you ever see "Coyote Ugly"? Um yeah...not saying that we'll look as hot as those women or dance as well as them either, but we'll all give it the old college try, and we'll be doing it our way. What better way to let loose and have some fun than by trying to Riverdance on a bar after downing any of the above. Exactly...
8. One Heck of a First Aid Kit- Please refer to the "Coyote Ugly" Section of # 7 above.
Intrigued yet? This is only the beginning. See y'all in the dungeon for a taste test. We'll be the ones with the mirror balls on our Carmen Miranda hats.